The year is about to come to an end and, as always, it is time to review the highlights of the 2016 First Four. Here is a look back at the most important stats and facts from this year:
– The #FirstFour showcased 83 student-athletes participating in the NCAA Division I Men’s Basketball Championship
– The University of Dayton Arena and the Dayton region tipped-off the NCAA Tournament for the sixteenth consecutive year.
– In total, the University of Dayton Arena has hosted 113 NCAA Tournament games, more than any host site in the country.
– 2016 marked the sixth straight year a team from the First Four advance to the Round of 32 (Wichita State)
– Florida Gulf Coast set an opening round scoring record by scoring 96 points in a win over Fairleigh Dickinson
– Michigan vs. Tulsa (Wednesday, March 16) was the highest rated cable TV show – drawing 2.16 million viewers across the nation!
– Shaquille Harrison (Tulsa) led the First Four in scoring with 23 points vs. Michigan
– Duncan Robinson (Michigan) led the First Four in rebounding with 11 rebounds vs. Tulsa
– Malachi Alexander (Holy Cross) led the First Four in assists with 8 assists vs. Southern
– Marc-Eddy Norelia (Florida Gulf Coast) posted the only double-double in the First Four (20 points & 10 rebounds) vs. Fairleigh Dickinson